What are the SSS membership requirements?
By admin on June 5, 2011
SSS Membership of Employees
- A private employee, whether permanent, temporary or provisional, who is not over 60 years old.
- A household-helper earning at least P1,000 a month is compulsory covered starting Sept. 1, 1993.
- A household-helper is any person who renders domestic services exclusively to a household such as driver, gardener, cook, governess, and other similar occupations.
- A Filipino seafarer upon the signing of the standard contract of employment between the seafarer and the manning agency which, together with the foreign ship owner, act as employers.
- An employee of a foreign government, international organization or their wholly-owned instrumentality based in the Philippines, which entered into an administrative agreement with the SSS for the coverage of its Filipino workers.
- The parent, spouse or child below 21 years old of the owner of a single proprietorship business.